6th MagNetE Workshop
Meeting of the EPOS WG 9 Magnetic Observations
Prague, 3 – 5 June 2013
Dead-line for registration and abstract submission was prolonged to 10th May. Dead-line for hotel booking is 30th April.
The 6th MagNetE Workshop co-organized by the EPOS Working Group 9 on Magnetic Observations will be held at the Institute of Geophysics of the ASCR, Prague, Czech Republic, from 3 to 5 June 2013.
The MagNetE group, aimed at coordinating the repeat station measurements in Europe, was established in Potsdam in 2003. The group meets biannually. The ambition of EPOS (European Plate Observing System) is to establish a single sustainable, permanent and distributed infrastructure, integrating geophysical monitoring networks and experimental laboratories in Europe. EPOS Preparatory Phase (2010 – 2014) is supported by FP7 project. WG 9 Magnetic Observations is one of ten thematic working groups.
Prague meeting will be an opportunity not only for better coordination of observations and measurements but also for sharing ideas on utilisation of data for basic research and applications.MAIN TOPICS:
- reports on the repeat station surveys in 2011 – 2012
- coordination of the future surveys in Europe
- RS database, data acquisition and exchange
- technical development and improvement of measurement procedures and instruments
- integration of geomagnetic data into European large research infrastructure EPOS
- modelling of geomagnetic field on regional and global scale
- short and long term variations of geomagnetic field
- underpinning of satellite magnetic measurements by observatory and repeat station data – a new satellite mission SWARM
- utilisation of geomagnetic data – identification of user community and user needs across Europe
The program will consist of oral and poster presentations and discussions. Invited talks will be given on geomagnetic field modelling, SWARM mission and EPOS project.